Our first priority is to safely deliver a robust, efficient and reliable network to our customers in the north of Scotland. In delivering this essential service, we also have a responsibility to our customers, employees, communities and shareholders to ensure this need is met in the most responsible way possible.
Following internal and external feedback, we have identified six sustainability focus areas in which we hope to deliver our sustainability ambitions:
- Connecting for society: Promoting affordability through collaboration and whole system solutions
- Supporting thriving communities: Maximising the local social and economic benefit of our investments
- Growing careers: Adding value through good jobs and training
- Promoting natural environment: Delivering a net positive environmental impact
- Optimising resources: Managing resource use to minimise waste
- Mitigating climate change: Managing emissions towards a science based target