Phase 1 Project Elements (Connection December 2027)
- A new Coire Glas 400kV external Air Insulated Switching Station (AIS), this will include 2 control buildings.
- Approximately 3.5km of 400kV overhead line. This will be installed from the proposed Coire Glas switching station to a new substation located in the vicinity of Loch Lundie.
- A new 400/132kV substation in the vicinity of Loch Lundie. This will comprise a control building, 2 transformers and outdoor AIS equipment.
- Approximately 8.5km of 400kV of overhead line. This will be between the proposed Loch Lundie substation to the existing Fort Augustus substation at Auchterawe.
Phase 2 Project Elements (Connection October 2029)
There will be no further development work in the Fort Augustus area as part of this project.
The works will include;
- the upgrade of the Beauly-Denny overhead line second circuit to 400kV operation.
- construction of the Eastern HVDC Peterhead – Drax Link.
A map showing some of the options currently being assessed can be viewed on the Project Documentation page.